The third announcement of the workshop organized by Norma Mankoč Borštnik and Holger Bech Nielsen
This letter is the third announcement of the workshop entitled
"What Comes Beyond the Standard Model?"
which will take place at Bled from 29 th of June to 9 th of July 1998.
ONE PAGE CONTRIBUTION
We can not send you by the email the booklet of the one page
contributions, since we haven't yet received all of them.
Therefore we kindly ask you to send your contribution as soon as
SUGGESTIONS FOR DISCUSSIONS
We also ask you to write in a few sentences the suggestions for
the open problems, which you are prepared to lead the
discussions for, or you suggest the discussions about.
It is planned that in the first two or three days everybody will present
her or his
work in an one hour talk, short discussions included. In the rest of the
we shall discuss the open problems.
Almost all the passing Jesenice and Ljubljana stop at Lesce-Bled as well
(4km from Bled).
Click here for a precise time-table.
We enclose the map of Slovenia and Bled
in particular. Please, let us know the date and hour of your arrival as
soon as you
will be able to do that. You can find a detailed plan of Bled with
marked access to Plemelj's house here.
We repeat here the message from the first
We shall discuss the open problems of The electroweak Standard model:
The aim of the workshop is to bring together physicists, who are trying to find the answers to some of these questions and who would enjoy to actively discuss the above questions in a small group.
- Why are left handed fermions doublets with respect to the weak charge while right handed fermions are singlets?
- Why are quarks and leptons arranged in families? How can families be predicted?
- Where do the masses of elemenatry particles come from?
Where do coupling constants come from?
What are Higgs? Why have no light scalar fields yet been observed?
- Do gravity and gauge fields unify?
The Physical Society together with Mathematical Society owns a house (an access map is available here), whose owner was the well known mathematician Josip Plemelj. This house can accept 16 people in 8 rooms. It also has a lecture room for around 20 people. Bled is a nice town by the lake of the same name, surrounded
by mountains, with many comfortable hotels.
We have asked European Physical Society and Slovenian Ministry of Science to sponsor this workshop. The workshop is sponsored by the Slovenian National Committee for Physics, DMFA and the Department of Physics, FMP, University of Ljubljana.
If you would like to attend this workshop, please, send the message to Norma Mankoč Borštnik (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Holger Bech Nielsen (email@example.com).
We shall fix the registration fee in the next announcement, since we don't yet know whether or not we shall obtain financial support from the Ministry of Science. In any case the registration fee, which includes all the expences, will not exceed 800 DEM.
We kindly ask you to send a one page presentation of the topic, which you would like to present in the workshop before 30 th of April. We attend to publish the Proceedings of the Workshop as well.
The list of suggested participants:
1. Borut Bajc (Borut.Bajc@ictp.trieste.it)
2. Saul Barshy (Aachen)
3. Zurab Berezhiani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Don Bennett (email@example.com)
5. Savas Dimopoulos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Savas.Dimopoulos@cern.ch) (cannot come)
6. Vladimir Fainberg (email@example.com)
7. Froggatt Colin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8. Bojan Gornik (email@example.com)
9. Lawrence J. Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
10. Gerard 't Hooft (email@example.com) (cannot come)
11. Luis E. Ibanez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
12. Cecilia Jarlskog (email@example.com)
13. Dmitrij Kasakov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
14. Astri Kleppe (email@example.com)
15. Larisa Laperashvili (firstname.lastname@example.org)
16. Karen Ter Martirosyan (email@example.com)
17. Syed Pasha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
18. Ivica Picek (email@example.com)
19. Matjaž Poljšak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
20. Mitja Rosina (email@example.com)
21. Graham Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org)
22. Svend E. Rugh (email@example.com)
23. Hergen Scheck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
24. Berthold Stech (email@example.com)
25. Hanns Stremnitzer (STREM@Pap.UniVie.AC.AT)
26. Steven Weinberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) (cannot come)
27. Holger Bech Nielsen (email@example.com)
28. Norma Mankoč Borštnik (firstname.lastname@example.org)